G'Day Mate

April 13, 2019 2 Comments

G'Day Mate

Hello! Rachel B. here today with a super cute card featuring the G'Day stamp set.

 

 

The good news is that I actually remembered to take pictures of my process as I assembled this card. The bad news is that I forgot to take pictures while I was coloring. So I have a tutorial of sorts for the assembly, but nothing for my coloring process! With that said, here's how this card came together.

 

 

I started by cutting and folding a top-folding A2 card base and then used my Distress ink, stencil, and ink blending tool to create a soft background for my images.

 

 

Next, I cut some foliage from 3 different green card stocks to layer behind my images.

 

 

Next came my stamping and coloring and my sentiment. I stamped my sentiment on some brown card stock with Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white powder. I stamped my images with Memento Tuxedo Black and used my Copics to color them in.

 

 

Before I adhere anything down, I lay things out where I think they look well-balanced. This is my little trick for layered bunches like with the foliage.

 

 

When I'm satisfied with placement, I use post-it tape to keep my pieces from moving around and pick up the whole thing in order to place adhesive on the back.

 

 

This is what it looks like when I remove it from the card base. I used multi medium matte on the back of the foliage but left the sentiment strip and my image free of glue. I wanted to mount those with foam tape, so this made it easy to remove. When I was happy with the amount of adhesive, I placed the whole thing back onto my card base and then pressed it down.

 

 

When I'm satisfied that the adhesive is holding well, I removed the post-it tape and then pulled up my image and the sentiment strip. I added foam tape to the back of them and placed them back on top of the foliage. I then trimmed the right side of the sentiment so it was flat with the edge of the card.

 

 

I had decided that the card was missing a little something, so I went back in and added the little koala and a few sparkling clear sequins to finish it all off.

 

Thanks for stopping by today!



2 Responses

Rachel Bergfeld
Rachel Bergfeld

April 14, 2019

Hi, Nancy! The colors I used for the face were E33 as my darkest shadow, E11 as my mid-tone, and E51 as my lightest shade.

Nancy
Nancy

April 13, 2019

Very nice hints. New to me to use tape to secure foliage background. Would you be able to tell me the numbers for the face colors. I don’t have Copics, but could manage your three colors.

Leave a comment


Also in Features

Classic Love Simple Masked Ink Blending

November 14, 2019 1 Comment

Continue Reading

Christmas with Extended Family
Christmas with Extended Family

November 08, 2019 1 Comment

Amanda is up on the blog today with another fun Christmas card featuring Spooky Family and Extended Spooky Family, but this card can easily be re-created with any fandom!

Continue Reading

Booyah Box with Bri Firth!
Booyah Box with Bri Firth!

November 06, 2019

Continue Reading